In order to enjoy the features and advantages of cloud computing businesses should migrate their existing data and applications to the cloud. Migrating from existing IT infrastructure to cloud is a time consuming task and improper migration can result in low productivity, low data security, poor application access and poor data flow. And in time troubleshooting the problems can consume a good portion of the money, time, workforce and profitability of the company.
Migrating IT infrastructure to cloud needs proper planning and implementation and now there are many cloud migration service providers to ease up this tedious task for you. The general steps involved in the cloud migration process are,
- Analyzing your business IT infrastructure and evaluation of benefits of migrating to cloud; and also your future growth prospects and requirements.
- Finding the right cloud computing solution provider for you.
- Pre-migration modifications to the applications, databases and devices.
- The migration process that ensures data security and data integrity while migration.
- Unpacking of data and applications on cloud servers and hosting. Doing post-migration modifications to applications and databases. Configuring migrated applications.
- Cloud application and data testing and troubleshooting.
- Configuring and modifying company IT infrastructure to suit cloud environment; and switching to cloud.
Finding right Cloud Migration Services
The perfect cloud migration service a business require depends on many things including the complexity and size of their existing IT infrastructure, data size and sensitivity, database complexity, their business applications and connectivity requirements. There are also some clouding migrating software programs available which can help businesses to migrate simple data and databases to cloud. But for complex systems, you require a professional migration service.
As the service is a relatively new one, there are not much established service providers to choose from. The best idea will be to choose established companies having good experience for managing, configuring and establishing enterprise IT infrastructure and networking. Also the service provider should be well qualified and familiar with your industry, data type and database.