- 1). Select a vinyl repair kit containing a color that best matches your upholstery. These kits are available online and in auto repair stores.
- 2). Spread liquid vinyl over and into the damaged area. If the liquid vinyl in the repair kit is not enough, the damage may be too large for a spot repair and you may need to replace the entire seat cover.
- 3). Cut and apply a woven mesh patch over the damaged area. Make sure the mesh slightly overlaps the damaged area on all sides.
- 4). Heat with a propane torch to 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit for curing.
- 5). Press a silicon graining pad against the area while it is still hot.
- 6). Add more layers of liquid vinyl over the damaged area until it is as thick as the original vinyl. Heat to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7). Spray paint over the patched area to match the existing vinyl while the area is still warm. Allow it to dry completely before using the area.